- 1.2 Any comments or customer feedback board on a Designer Exchange website is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Designer Exchange shall not be responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- 1.4 At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
- 1.5 For online transactions to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other Data Protection laws applicable at the time.
- 1.6 As is standard practice on many corporate websites, Designer Exchange website uses "cookies" and other technologies to collect information. The cookies policy can be found here.
1.9 We operate a membership scheme where a customer who wishes to trade with Designer Exchange for Cash or Exchange in store, has to register by providing appropriate / approved ID and current address details. These are recorded and a unique membership card is issued. This must be produced every time you trade for Cash or Exchange. Your trading history will be recorded against this unique identifier.
While trading online you must register the appropriate details requested and will be issued with a unique membership number that must be used every time you trade.
For both online and instore memberships We may share this information with Law enforcement for the purposes of The Prevention and Detection of crime including Money Laundering.
2. GDPR Privacy
2.1 Personal Data
Designer Exchange uses the information provided by you in order to serve the purposes of delivery, Designer Exchange accounts or any such other services which are required to be performed time to time. Designer Exchange also acts on behalf of its customers in the capacity of data processor and sometimes it subcontracts with third parties, and for that Designer Exchange will work hard to ensure that the subcontracting third parties are fully compliant with GDPR. Designer Exchange do not broker or pass any information of their customers to any agency without prior consent. However, Designer Exchange may disclose your personal information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests or when requested to by the customer, may disclose it to customer himself/herself.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are consenting to Designer Exchange processing for the purposes as mentioned above. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at -
DESIGNER EXCHANGE LTD.
21 GREYCAINE ROAD
2.3 Designer Exchange will process personal / trading data during the continuation of any membership / contract and will continue to retain or store only the personal / trading data needed for this purpose. This is applicable to both store memberships and online memberships.
If a customer requests removal of their data, the trading history and personal details will be retained and held securely for a further two years to meet any legal obligations. After two years any personal / trading data which is not needed shall be deleted.
2.4 Rights of Data Subject:
- Subject Access Request (SAR): you have the right to request a copy of the personal and trading information that Designer Exchange holds about you (in case this right is refused by Designer Exchange, Designer Exchange will provide you the reasons, which you have the right to challenge legally).
- Right of Rectification: We have to ensure that the information we hold on you is accurate and correct. You have right to correct the data which Designer Exchange hold about you. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal details are kept up to date.
- Right to be forgotten (RTBF): Under some circumstances you can ask Designer Exchange to erase or delete the data which Designer Exchange has in their records.
- Right to restriction of processing: in some conditions you have right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- For online accounts the request needs to be sent from the registered email address.
- For store accounts you will need to complete the online form and submit to email@example.com
- Any customer under the age of 16 (In store only) must have parental / Guardian consent to trade with the company and access to this data will be restricted to the parent or Guardian.