TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Interpretation and Scope
These terms are applicable to the users of the website and any transactions done in the stores operated by Designer Exchange or under its licence. The Domain name designerexchange.com and all subdomains, (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned by Designer Exchange.
Part I of the terms apply to both Online and Store orders, whereas Part II and Part III apply to Online and Stores respectively.
- "Affiliates" means any website operator, retailer, kiosk operator, direct marketing company, telemarketer, or operator of other direct marketing campaigns that has entered into an agreement with Designer Exchange which compensates the affiliate for transactions resulting from business directed to the Designer Exchange by the affiliate.
- "Buying" shall mean purchase of any product by a Customer from Designer Exchange.
- "Designer Exchange" includes Designer Exchange Limited and its Group companies and any of the stores run by its Franchisees.
- "Cookies" means small text files which our website places on your device to store information about your shopping session and to identify your device.
- "Customer" means a person or organisation that buys, sells or exchanges products with Designer Exchange in store or online.
- "Exchange" shall mean an act of giving one thing and receiving another in consideration to cash, kind or donation.
- "Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration or at the time you become a member and/or any subsequent information that you provide after or before the registration;
- "Product/s" mean chattels real (movable property) bought, sold or exchanged between a Customer and Designer Exchange, and also those products that are sent to Designer Exchange for sale but for which transaction has not yet been completed.
- "Product Description" means that part of the website where the description of the particular product is provided.
- "Selling" shall mean any product sold by a Customer to Designer Exchange.
- "Store" means a Designer Exchange retail store.
- "User" means a person who uses or accesses this website and/or is a Customer.
- "Users" means the users of the website collectively.
- "Website" means the website located at designerexchange.com and its subdomains and any subsequent URL which may replace it.
PART - I (General)
3. Product Warranty
- 3.1 12-Months Warranty: Designer Exchange offers a 12 months warranty on all items covering authenticity only. The Designer Exchange twelve  month warranty does not cover damage or general ware.
- 3.2 All products sent to Designer Exchange for refund or return under warranty are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to Designer Exchange receiving such products the risk of loss and title for such products remains with the Customer.
- 3.3 This warranty does not cover physical damage, damage or failures which result from general wear and tear, weather damage, dye transfer, accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, mishandling, misapplication, improper maintenance, and alterations by anyone other than Designer Exchange or an agent approved by Designer Exchange.
4. Returns Policy
4.1 Designer Exchange will only accept Products returned that are:
- (a) Accompanied by a valid proof of purchase for the Products.
- (b) Returned Products to Designer Exchange should contain all items included in the original Product.
4.2 All returned Products need to be subject to an authentication test and the lack of authenticity verified before any refund can be issued. Designer Exchange does not accept the following as a guarantee of lack of authenticity of the Product:
- certificates from third-party authentication sites, persons or groups
- general opinions or information from third-party authentication sites, persons or groups
- a competitors choice to not buy the Product
5. Unwanted Product Policy:
- 5.1 In our unique 48-hours returns policy, the Customer is entitled to return an Unwanted item within 48-hours of sale for a full refund to a Designer Exchange voucher. Refund will be subject to an authentication test and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold and including all Items it was sold with. This 48-hours returns policy is valid and offered only on in-store buys.
- 5.2 As per the distance selling regulations you have until 14 days to return a Product purchased from the website as unwanted. Refund will be subject to an authentication test and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold and including all Items it was sold with.
- 5.3 After 28 days from delivery has passed, Designer Exchange reserves the right to refuse any refund or exchange for the Products which are not faulty. Faulty items can be described as not of satisfactory quality, not fit for purpose or not as described. This returns policy is valid and offered only for online buys. This does not include accidental damage, normal pre-owned wear, wear through usage or wear or damage not noted within the 14 days.
- 5.4 As per the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Products which are faulty will be offered a full refund. Beyond 30 days, if the item is faulty, Designer Exchange will offer a repair if possible.
6. Description of Products:
- 6.1 All Products are second hand unless specifically stated and all Product descriptions and images are for display purposes only and do not represent the finished Product.
- 6.2 Additional elements such as extra straps or a dust bag are subject to availability and not inclusive in the price.
- 6.3 Images - images are for illustration purposes only. Actual product design may vary from image.
- 6.4 Condition of products - the price will vary depending upon the cosmetic condition of the Products and its accessories.
- 6.5 Designer Exchange reserves the right to amend prices anytime without prior notice.
- 6.6 Designer Exchange is not affiliated with any of the brands that are traded in store or online.
7. Buying from Designer Exchange
- 7.1 For the purposes of maintaining appropriate demand and supply and ensure ‘natural’ price fluctuations and stock availability for the benefit of all our customers, Designer Exchange reserves the right to limit the number of units of any particular item, sold to any individual customer, at any time.
- 7.2 Designer Exchange does not offer a layaway or finance option.
- 7.3 Designer Exchange does not offer a click and collect service.
- 7.4 If a Product is priced incorrectly on the shelf, or scans at the wrong price at the till, Designer Exchange is under no obligation to honour it, under the Sale of Goods Act. Should this error happen, we will offer the item at the correct price or refuse the transaction and withdraw the product from sale until fixed.
- 7.5 Designer Exchange reserves the right to change the price of any item, rent the item out, lend the item or sell on a different platform once ownership has been transferred to Designer Exchange.
- 7.6 Designer Exchange has the right to end or amend a promotion or competition at anytime without notice.
8. Selling to Designer Exchange
- 8.1 Designer Exchange reserves the right to refuse to purchase of any Product at their sole discretion. Designer Exchange reserves the right to limit the number of purchases at their sole discretion.
- 8.2 Once you sell your Products to Designer Exchange, the ownership will be transferred to Designer Exchange.
- 8.3 Please note that prices quoted on our website or in store are subject to change without prior notice.
- 8.4 Designer Exchange reserves the right to not offer a quote on any item or to any customer for any reason.
- 8.5 Any quotes provided as general guidelines in person or over the phone are not final quotes.
- 8.6 Once the final quote has been accepted then the transaction will be processed and this will be final. It cannot be unprocessed at the request of the customer.
- 8.7 When posting your items in to sell, you will be made an in-store EPOS member using the details entered by yourself on designerexchange.com
- 8.8 By submitting your item for sale to or through Designer Exchange you guarantee that your item is free from finance, theft, and is guaranteed authentic.
- 9.1 You warrant that:
- 9.1.1 The personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- 9.1.2 You will update your account to reflect any changes to your personal information.
- 9.1.3 You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- 9.2 If you wish to sell or exchange products in-store you must become a Designer Exchange member. You need to be 13 or over to sell and you'll need to provide a current driving license or passport if it's your first time.
- 9.3 If you sell to us online we will create for you an in-store membership. You will need to provide seller ID on your account on designerexchange.com which will be used to create an in-store membership in order to process the order.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
All content included on the Designer Exchange website or displayed in store, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Designer Exchange or its content suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
Designer Exchange and other marks indicated on Designer Exchange’s website and/or store are registered trademarks of Designer Exchange, or its subsidiaries, in the UK and other countries. Designer Exchange and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks or trade dress of Designer Exchange or its subsidiaries.
11. Export Limitation
- 11.1 Certain Products sold by Designer Exchange may have been purchased from outside the United Kingdom under certain agreements that restrict or forbid subsequent re-exportation from the United Kingdom. The Customer will not export any Product sold by Designer Exchange without first obtaining all appropriate approval from the relevant authorities.
12. Limitation of Liability
- 12.1 While Designer Exchange will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the website or displayed in the store, Designer Exchange makes no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
12.2 Designer Exchange will not be liable, in contract, tort for:
- Any economic losses
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation
- 14.1 You agree to indemnify Designer Exchange fully from any third party claims arising out of your negligence.
15.2 The registered company name and address is:
DESIGNER EXCHANGE 21 GREYCAINE ROAD, WATFORD, WD24 7GP
The registered company name and address is:
Designer Exchange LIMITED, STERLING HOUSE, FULBOURNE ROAD, LONDON E17 4EE And Company registration number: 8643207
16. Applicable law and Dispute Resolution
- 16.1 While transacting with Designer Exchange, you agree to be bound by the laws of England and Wales.
17. Data Protection
18. Age Restrictions
- 18.1 If you are 12 or under, you may use website only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
19. Force Majeure
- 19.1 Designer Exchange shall not be liable for any default due to any Act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of Designer Exchange.
PART - II (Online only)
20. Buying, Selling and Exchange of Products
20.1 Buying from Designer Exchange
- 20.1.2 Contract cancellation: An order can be cancelled till the time it has been dispatched. For some non finished orders, the order may have to be completed to then be refunded.
- 20.1.3 Unwanted Products: As per the distance selling regulations you have until 14 days to return the Product as unwanted. Refund will be subject to an authentication test and if the item is returned in the same condition as sold and including all Items it was sold with after 28 days from delivery has passed, Designer Exchange reserves the right to refuse any refund or exchange for the Products. This returns policy is valid and offered only for online buys.
- 20.1.4 Order Delivery: Designer Exchange is only able to deliver orders to the UK billing address mentioned on your bank/credit card account or to the registered UK address of your PayPal account used for the transaction. Designer Exchange is not liable for any missed delivery, due to an incorrect or incomplete address entered by you.
- 20.1.5 Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. Designer Exchange reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice.
- 20.1.6 Images are for illustration only. Actual item design may vary or the item may carry marks unseen in the image(s). If you require further pictures, please contact Designer Exchange before purchase.
- 20.1.7 You as the customer are responsible for the costs associated when returning an item to Designer Exchange
20.2 Selling to Designer Exchange
- 20.2.1 Your obligation is to dispatch the Products that you are selling to Designer Exchange in a timely manner.
- 20.2.2 All products sent via post to Designer Exchange are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to Designer Exchange receiving such products the risk of loss and title for such products remains with the Customer.
- 20.2.3 You must ensure that all parts of your order are sent at the same time. Should Designer Exchange receive only part of your order, Designer Exchange will only process the Products that Designer Exchange has received. Designer Exchange will not take responsibility for incomplete orders.
- 20.2.4 Designer Exchange issues payment on the basis of details provided by the Customer and shall not be liable for payment made to the wrong account or to a non-existent account due to incorrect details.
- 20.2.5 The value Designer Exchange offers for your Products may be reduced upon receipt depending on their condition, their quantity or the commercial needs of the business.
- 20.2.6 When selling to Designer Exchange, Customers are required to be made memberships with ID details, full name, date of birth and full address.
- 21.1 Delivery is deemed to take place when Designer Exchange hands over the Product to the Customer.
21.2 Late delivery of Products does not entitle the Customer to do any of the following:
- (a) Reject the Products.
- (b) Cancel the order.
- 21.3 Delivery times given are estimates only and the Customer is not entitled to a refund on delivery costs should an order take longer to be delivered than estimated.
- 21.4 Delivery charges are subject to change, and that any additional customs or duties will be payable by the recipient.
22. Failed products
- 22.1 Designer Exchange does not ship rejected products or abandoned goods. You need to collect them or you can arrange for a courier to pick them up at your own expense.
- 22.2 These goods cannot be handed over to another member of the public.
- 22.3 Products that fail test or are rejected by Designer Exchange for purchase will be held for 14 days for collection. After 14 days Designer Exchange will, subject to authenticity, either dispose of them at your expense or adjust onto stock for general sale.
23. Our Rights
24. Third party links
- 24.1 Designer Exchange shall not be responsible for the contents of any third parties, provided to you by a link on the website or otherwise.
25. Cookies and other Technologies
PART - III (Stores Only)
- 26.2 When buying from Designer Exchange, Customers are not required to be made memberships in store however this may be offered at the till point.
27. Selling to Designer Exchange
- 27.1 Title of the Products shall pass to Designer Exchange following a successful authentication test and a purchase price having been agreed between Designer Exchange and you.
- 27.2 When selling to Designer Exchange, Customers are required to be made memberships with ID details, full name, date of birth and full address.
28. Testing of Products
- 28.1 While Designer Exchange will make every effort to look after Products left by you for testing, they are left at your own risk. Designer Exchange will take sufficient care to ensure that the goods do not get lost, damaged or stolen.
- 28.2 Products that fail test or are rejected by Designer Exchange for purchase will be held for 14 days for collection. After 14 days Designer Exchange will, subject to authenticity, either dispose of them at your expense or adjust onto stock for general sale.